Smithtown Bank Robber At Large + Marine Biology at Sunken Meadow
Hey, Smithtown! Here Diane Witek provides you with what you need to know to start your day on the right foot. Here is everything that is happening in and around the city today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Wet with a brief downpour. High: 66 Low: 56.
Here are the best stories in Smithtown today:
- Suspect on the run after Bank robbery in Smithtown – detectives ask anyone with information about the theft to call the Major cases unit at 631-852-6555 or anonymously at Crime stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. (Rutherford Daily Voice)
- Smithtown HSW students study Marine biology To Sunken meadow. Using a large net in pairs, the group collected fish and other marine life to study the creatures that resided there. The assorted fish were then brought back to tanks in their classroom for further study. (smithtownmatters.com)
- These school buddies make human grade dog food at Natural Dogs. Wooley, 23, from St James, says of the first batches of dog food he did. “We just moved away from dog food so it was turkey, potatoes, rice, basically human grade food and we would change that weekly.” (Grand Long Island)
Today’s Smithtown Daily is brought to you by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells: discover their full line of smart home products at Ring.com. And thank you ring for helping bring local news to Smithtown!
- Smithtown Performing Arts Center: âBOO! Spookley The Square Pumpkin The Musical returns to the SHS stage next weekend. Be sure to purchase your tickets in advance. This show is a treat for audiences of all ages! Smithtownpac.org #spac #longisland #spookley. ” (Facebook)
- Smithtown Performing Arts Center: “It’s time for a dose of #MondayMotivation! #Spac #smithtown #longisland #theatre #theatrekid #musicaltheatre #kinkyboots.” (Facebook)
- Sweetbriar Natural Center: “Power of plants: medicinal plants from the garden, walking in search of food and making bouquets of herbs.” Tuesday, October 5, 4 p.m. to 6:62 p.m. Eckernkamp Dr., Smithtown. Plants have been growing on our Earth for billions of years. “(Facebook)
- The Children of Smithtown Library: “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Sweetbriar Nature Center presents the Plant Power workshop. (October 5)
- Medicaid: Managing Changes in Home Care (FREE webinar). (Oct 6)
- VPW presents Showdown in St James – live wrestling action. (October 9)
- Four Seasons of Music: Sands Point Preserve Connected Game. (Oct 10)
- The Smithtown Library Budget Vote and the Election of Trustees. (12 october)
- Add your event
You are all caught up for today. I’ll see you soon! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider including some of your friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Diane witek
About me: Passionate writer, Website designer, Social Media Marketer and recently proclaimed Baker. Lovers of nature and animals of all kinds.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Smithtown Daily? You can email me at [email protected]